Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fairies Don't Actually Wear Boots


So I'm sitting here at work listening to Black Sabbath's Paranoid album on Amazon streaming music.  You gotta love the fact that you can listen to just about anything in the world these days thanks to the Internet.  In any case, I'm listening to Fairies Wear Boots and it strikes me that it is a really strange thing to assert that they wear boots.  I mean, really, boots?  Why would a fairy wear boots?  That makes no sense.

In any case, I posted a new version of one of my songs last night, but I'm not sure I improved on the first version much by adding synthesizers tracks, as much as I love those.

Here is the original track:

https://soundcloud.com/rob-turk-1/wrinkle-vortex-at-yorosonic

Now here is the new one:

https://soundcloud.com/rob-turk-1/wrinkle-vortex-inversion

So, what is a wrinkle vortex?  Or a wrinkle vortex inversion?

Well, I was thinking of an eyeball of a lovely lady.  Then I was thinking of an inverted vortex, whatever that looks like.  You can't take these song titles too seriously, y'all.

It's hard for me to listen to Black Sabbath and not think about what they did to their drummer on their last tour.  I can't pretend that it didn't bother me that they didn't invite Bill Ward on that last tour.  That was probably due to Ozzy's wife but the whole episode bothered me as a sort of fair-weather fan.  I can't say that Sabbath is one of my favorites, but the album Paranoid is a seminal rock album.

But you don't treat a drummer like that.  That is just not right.

In any case, hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment